Harold Baines 32 (6%)
Bert Blyleven 338 (63%)
Andre Dawson 361 (67%)
Don Mattingly 64 (12%)
Mark McGwire 118 (22%)
Jack Morris 237 (44%)
Dale Murphy 62 (12%)
Dave Parker 81 (15%)
Tim Raines 122 (23%)
Lee Smith 240 (45%)
Alan Trammell 94 (17%)
1. Who do YOU vote for, and why?
2. Who will get selected, if any? 75% required for enshrinement.
3. Who will get the lowest votes and not be eligible next year? “Candidates may remain under consideration for up to 15 years provided they are named on at least five percent of the ballots cast.”
1. Dawson and Blyleven should have gotten in years ago. Alomar and Larkin are strong middle infielders. I vote for Raines because he played well on a mediocre team (Expos). And though I wouldn’t have voted for McGwire in his first year of eligibility, I would now. And why doesn’t Lee Smith, who is or at least was the career saves leader for a time, back when saves weren’t always 3 outs, get more love?
2. From most likely to least: Roberto Alomar, Barry Larkin, Andre Dawson, Bert Blyleven. McGwire doesn’t get in unless/until he shows some contrition over the steroids thing.
3. From most likely to reach the 5% threshold to the least:
Ellis Burks, Eric Karros, Todd Zeile, Ray Lankford. Kevin Appier, Pat Hentgen, David Segui, Shane Reynolds, Mike Jackson