“The law requires you to complete this questionnaire. Please respond within 10 days.
“Your name was selected at random from voter, Department of Motor Vehicles, tax, social services or unemployment lists. This is not a summons. You are NOT required to appear for jury service at this time.”
Please enter your e-mail address so we may contact you concerning this questionnaire (2-5 is oui, 6-7 is non):
1. Date of Birth: Month: Day: Year:
2. Can you understand and communicate in English? Yes No
3. Are you a United States citizen? Yes No
4. Are you a resident of Albany County? Yes No
5. Are you at least 18 years old? Yes No
6. Have you been convicted of a felony? Yes No
7. Have you been a juror in State or Federal Court in the last 6 years or in Town or Village Court in the last 2 years? Yes No
TWO weeks later, I get the card saying I had to call in over Labor Day weekend to see if I had to report, and with a number 128, I was fairly certain I would, and I did, starting Tuesday.
I noted this on Facebook, and some folks misunderstood Continue reading “My first jury duty voir dire”