The great thing about doing these memes is that when my access to the computer is limited, which has been the case a LOT of late, they are much easier to start and stop than an essay. As always, I may answer a question, or I may not. From a two-part Sunday Stealing: Part 1 and Part 2.
1) If the whole world were listening to you right now, what would you say?
That greed is NOT good, that it comes back and bites you in places you don’t want to be bitten.
2) If you could meet anyone on this earth, who would it be?
3) You just got a free plane ticket to anywhere. You have to depart right now. Where are you gonna go?
Tahiti, because it’d be expensive.
4) What do you think about most?
Injustice. Stuff such as this: THIS is what extreme usury looks like.
6) You can erase any horrible experience from your past. What will it be?
Sure it would involve affairs of the heart.
7) What’s your strangest talent?
Continue reading “Blue Memory Meme”
If I slept well, I almost never remember my dreams. If I had off-and-on sleep, I remember my dreams.
There was a two-part Madness meme on Sunday Stealing: Part 1 and Part 2. I’ve eliminated questions I didn’t feel like answering, such as “Have you ever licked the back of a CD to try to get it to work?”
2. What’s the largest age difference between yourself and someone you’ve dated?
3. Ever been in a car wreck?
Two, one that sent me to the hospital.
4. Were you popular in high school?
Continue reading “Descent into Madness Meme”
Any number of TMI moments.
The late Cardinal Jaime Sin of the Philippines.
From Sunday Stealing back in November.
1. Why did you sign up for writing your blog?
An existential crisis of powerlessness.
2. Why did you choose your blog’s name? What does it mean?
Ramblin’ with (John) Gambling, a radio show.
3. Did you ever had another blog?
Not before this blog; a few since.
4. What do you do online when you’re not on your blog?
Limited Facebook and Twitter.
5. How about when you’re not on the computer?
Mostly tend to the Daughter.
6. What do you wish people who read your blog knew about you?
Continue reading “Blogging meme about blogging is a Cardinal Sin”
Seems that “dream casting” often goes awry.
Movie you love with a passion.
West Side Story. I know it’s only a good, not great movie. But I love the music, dancing. I saw it when I was young, so it had a huge impression on me.
Movie you vow to never watch.
Saw 1 to infinity.
Movie that literally left you speechless.
Young Frankenstein, during which I laughed so hard, I couldn’t speak. Or Mel Brooks’ History of the World, Part 1, that was so bad from a major director that I was slackjawed. Or Schindler’s List, which is probably the best answer.
Movie you always recommend.
I never “always recommend” anything. Continue reading “The Fifteen Movie Questions Meme”
In the living room, with my feet up, reading the newspaper. This almost never actually happens.
Cherry-picking through Sunday Stealing, again. This one is from July 3:
1. Last movie you saw in a theater?
2. What book are you reading?
I’m slogging through a book written by a colleague, which I may soon abandon altogether.
3. Favorite board game?
I’d say SCRABBLE. But don’t you actually have to PLAY it occasionally for it to be your favorite? Backgammon and SORRY.
4. Favorite magazine?
I start reading a magazine, then the next one comes before I finish the first, and I end up wit a pile of half-read, quickly dated periodicals. I don’t really read them anymore. Continue reading “These are a few of my favorite things”