There were these couple Sunday Stealing posts, where 80 questions were whittled down to 44; here’s Part 1 and here’s Part 2. I’ve eliminated questions I’ve either answered recently or plan to answer soon.
1. Do you own an iPod?
No, and I feel as though I’m supposed to.
2. What person do you talk to on the phone the most?
Probably my sister Leslie, if only because I’ve memorized her number. If I had an iPod, I could just program it in, or something.
3. Do you still remember the first person you kissed?
Yes, I was 13 and her name was Mary.
4. Has anyone ever called you lazy?
Ever? Probably. And I probably was to his or her mind. And they probably didn’t know how to relax, to my mind.
5. Do you ever take medication to help you fall asleep?
Not in a while. Actually, falling asleep is seldom an issue. STAYING asleep; that’s another matter. The mind goes, “Chit-chat, chit-chat.” Shut up, mind, I need my sleep.
6. Has anyone told you a secret this week?
Not that I can recall.
7. What is the first thing you notice about the opposite sex?
Depends on thir most striking feature. It could be hair or eyes or legs…
8. What are you looking forward to?
I’m really not a “looking forward to” kind of guy. I’ve worked hard to take it as it comes.
9. Do you own any band t-shirts?
Beatles. Possibly others.
10. What will you be doing in one hour?
11. Is anyone in love with you?
12. Last time you cried?
Theses surveys love this question. Actually, it was a children’s cartoon that I found surprisingly touching.
13. Are you on a desktop computer or a laptop?
14. When is the last time you slept on the floor?
It was when the daughter was about two, sleeping on the sofa because her room was too warm, and I sleep on the floor beside the sofa. (BTW, she now has an a.c. in her room.)
15. How many hours of sleep do you need to function?
Define “function”; I’ve gone with three, but six is better. Then every once in a while, I’ll sleep for nine or ten hours.
16. Do you eat breakfast daily?
17. Are your days fast-paced?
18. What did you do last night?
Work on this blog.
19. Do you use sarcasm?
Not well. It comes off too strident.
20. How old will you be turning on your next birthday?
21. Are you picky about spelling and grammar?
This has changed a LOT since I started blogging. There are perfectly good bloggers, people I follow, who simply cannot spell. They always muff its and it’s. They use apostrophes excessively. Their plural structure is totally off. These are NOT typos, these are errors. And I find myself more forgiving over time for blogs.
Conversely, I can be a real PITA for newspapers. Just this month, I wrote a correction request to the writer of a newspaper article online, where the sentence made no sense.
22. Do you get along better with the same sex or the opposite sex?
Opposite. Always have.
23. Do you watch the news?
24. How did you get one of your scars?
Two of them from falls from bicycles, though, in fact, one is obliterated by the vitiligo.
25. Who was the last person to make you mad?
If I got angry every time I had cause to be angry, I’d be in a constant state of rage. I’ve done that; doesn’t work for me, and never did.
26. What is the last big thing you purchased?
27. Who would you want to be tied to for 24 hours?
Would I know it was just for 24 hours? I’ll pick Warren Buffett; he’d be an interesting guy, and someone would be looking to rescue him.
28. What is a rumour someone has spread about you?
That I’m a nice guy.
29. What would you do if you were stuck in an elevator?
Sit down and read a magazine that I hope I had stashed in my backpack. Well, after trying the emergency phone and yelling.
30. T or F: All’s fair in love and war?
31. Do you know how to use some words correctly, but not know the meaning?
32. Do you know which US states don’t use Daylight Savings Time?
I’m guessing Arizona and Hawaii. I think Indiana finally capitulated.
33. Do you want a bright yellow ‘06 mustang?
34. What’s something you’ve always wanted?
35. Would you rather swim in the ocean or a lake?
36. Do you wear a lot of black?
Pants yes, shirt no.
37. Describe your hair:
38. Where is/are your best friend(s)?
NYC, New Paltz, Austin, Albany.