1. Are you happier now than you were five months ago?
Probably not. That was the month the local Albany YMCA closed, and I went from playing racquetball four or five times a week to a couple times a week at Siena College, which proved to be unworkable, to not at all.
2. Have you ever slept in the same bed with anyone that you shouldn’t have?
In the long run, no.
3. Can you sleep in total darkness?
Yes, but unless I am extremely tired, not in total silence. I like white noise.
4. Your phone is ringing. It’s the person you fell hardest for, the one who got away, what do you say?
“Hello.” Hey, that ship sailed.
5. What do you think about the weather this summer?
Hot for Albany. Haven’t checked the story, but there was a headline in the local paper revently asking if Albany, NY’s weather in the future will be more like North Carolina’s has been traditionally.
6. How many people do you trust with everything?
Everything? Maybe 2.
7. What was the last thing you drank?
8. Is there anyone you want to come see you?
I haven’t seen my eldest niece in person forever. And she hasn’t met her young cousin Lydia.
9. Name one thing you love about winter?
10. Have you ever dated a Goth?
11. What are you looking forward to tomorrow?
Nothing in particular. Or everything.
12. Name something you dislike about the day you’re having?
Nothing in particular.
13. What’s the longest that you have committed to one person and one person only?
12 years and counting.
14. What’s the first thing you did when you opened your eyes today?
Looked at the clock, rolled over and closed them again.
15. Has anyone ever told you they never want to ever lose you?
16. Is there anybody that you wish you could fix your relationship with?
Yes, more than one.
17. Could you go out in public, looking like you do now?
Not yet, but it’s 5:30 a.m. But I wouldn’t get arrested.
18. Do you think things will change in the next 3 months? How?
There will be elections. The Republicans in Congress will regain the House, though not the Senate. Lots of “controversial” legislation will pass in the lame duck session, which the GOP will unsuccessfully try to overturn. There will be even worse gridlock in Congress in 2011 than before.
19. Do you believe that you never know what you got until you lose it?
20. Do you have a friend of the opposite sex you can talk to?
It’s been true from 5th grade on that most of my best friends were female. I had one good male friend in high school, one in college (both Pisces, interestingly, as am I), and usually one or two subsequently, but it wasn’t until the last 10 years that I had a coterie of male friends.
21. If you were to live your life without your best friend, what would change?
I’d keep even more things to myself.
22. Tell us about an era of your life that you really miss.
Miss? Don’t think so. I can look back fondly on certain periods, but there were downsides to all of them. Now is better, though I really miss the melanin on my face.
23. Have you ever been betrayed by someone that came as a complete surprise? Without revealing the person, if yes, tell us about it.
Yes. Affairs of the heart.
24. Do you ever think that is a good idea to hide your feelings?
25. Tell us about your favorite year when you were a student.
Frst year of library school, 1990-91. I got recruited to be the student president, I found that I liked school and was good at it.
25. When was the last time you were in a very good mood? What caused it?
Almost certainly music was involved.
26. Have you ever had a romantic relationship with a sibling of a good friend?
27. Tell us about the last thing that you did that you truly regret.
No. It’s funny, I’m sure I’ve regretted a lot of things, but I think we have a filter to try to obliterate them.
28. When did you laughed today?
I laugh a lot, actually. I laugh when I write or say something that made someone else laugh, e.g. I laugh when I hear a certain song.
29. Do you trust easily?
30. What do you care about that you wish more people would?
Littering. I mean people dropping candy wrappers on the ground two feet from the garbage can. Make an effort, people!