1. What is the worst treat to get when trick-or-treating?
Black licorice. Hated it. Now RED; that was a whole ‘nother thing. Also, I’ve never been a NECCO fan either.
2. What character from any horror film would you most like to play?
Dracula. He is primal.
3. Would you rather be a zombie, alien, or psycho? (why)
An alien. Zombies are boring, psychos are too much work. Aliens allow for greater character development.
4. How many Halloween, Friday the 13th, or Nightmare on Elm Street movies combined do you have on DVD?
That would be zero. Not my thing. I’ve seen one Halloween movie. But, in the day, the store I worked at used to SELL them on VHS tape.
5. What is the scariest movie you have ever seen?
I was pretty freaked out by Bring Me The Head Of Alfredo Garcia. But THE movie that most terrified me was one I saw when I was nine or so, so it had to have come out in the early 1960s or before. Probably before, because it was a double feature with a Francis the Talking Mule movie, probably Francis in the Haunted House (1956). In the movie in question – I WISH I KNEW THE NAME! – there was this beautiful woman who men lusted after, but if they kissed her, she turned extremely homely. In order to regain her beauty, she had to bite the man on the neck, killing him, then blowing some powder. Seriously, my neck hurt for days.
6. Lamest costume you have worn on Halloween?
As a ghost, in a sheet.
7. Favorite Halloween treat?
Mounds bars, almost any candy bar without nuts or peanuts. I LOVE peppermint patties, or whatever they’re called.
8. Friendly-faced jack o’lantern or scary one?
9. Have you ever had nightmares about a scary movie character chasing you?
Not chasing, but the aforementioned movie woman biting my neck.
10. The Best thing about Halloween?
The costumes. I used to really embrace costumes in the 1980s, when I was in my 30s, more than any other decade save for my childhood.
11. Strangest Halloween custom you’ve heard of?
Halloween lights. They’re like Christmas lights, only orange.
12. Person in your family who most likes Halloween (not counting yourself)?
Well, the daughter likes it. But the wife ALSO likes it because, since the daughter is allergic to peanuts, and I don’t particularly like them, SHE gets all the nut/peanut candy, sometimes with no effort.
13. Are you superstitious? If so, name at least one superstition of yours.
When I played baseball, I never stepped on the foul lines going to or coming from the field.