Decided to do TWO Sunday Stealing memes. But I dropped all the questions I’ve answered too recently or the one that just annoyed me.
First, the Players’ Meme:
2. What is the best piece of advice you’ve ever received?
Go to library school.
3. What’s the worst experience you’ve ever had involving alcohol?
Drinking quite a bit of Polish vodka and feeling totally fine, then it ran out, I drank some Johnny Walker and got instantly sick; I mean, within 2 minutes.
4. What’s the worst thing you’ve ever done to another person?
Not being very supportive of a friend going through a difficult period.
5. Who do you think started the concept of memes?
Alfred Lord Mememosia, of the Riverside Mememosias.
6. Give a song title or line that describes how you are feeling right now.
“Ain’t gonna study war no more.”
7. What’s your favorite search engine? Yahoo!, Google, Ask, Bing? or something else?
Google, mostly because I’ve used it so often.
8. If Paul is the Cute One and John is the Smart One and George is the Quiet One and Ringo is the Funny One, which Beatle are you?
The enigmatic one.
10. When should you procrastinate – now or later?
I SHOULD later, but I DO now.
11. What is your favorite fast food?
Haven’t had it for a while, but it’s a burger from Wendy’s.
12. What was your favorite game as a child?
As a young child, 500 rummy (cards) and SCRABBLE. Later, pinochle and bid whist (both card games).
13. Why terrible twos have to be terrible?
Children are supposed to test their limits. It’s natural. Though Lydia’s actually started at 18 months, and her twos weren’t all that bad.
14. Describe your favorite family member.
15. What does your favorite breakfast consist of?
My FAVORITE would be pancakes, eggs, and sausage.
16. What food is better the day after it was made?
17. What was your last big purchase?
No idea. Tell you what the NEXT big purchase will be, though – a roof.
18. When was the last time you kissed someone and really enjoyed it?
20. Described yourself using two words that rhyme. (i.e. fuddy-duddy)
21. If you were given the option of a “do-over” in life .. would you take it?
24. When Life Gives You Lemons, What Do You Do With Them?
Suck on them.
25. How different are you in real life as compared to the online identity you have created for yourself?
26. Do you know what your parents would have named you if you had been born the opposite sex?
No, and I doubt THEY knew. They labored over coming up with my name as it was.
1. At what time of your life were you happiest and why?
Our honeymoon in Barbados, because it was our honeymoon. In Barbados. Paid for by someone else.
2. Where and when did you meet the love of your life?
3. Favourite item of clothing ever or most treasured possession?
I had this Guatemalan work shirt that I loved, which unfortunately got worn out.
4. Must-have makeup or beauty item?
Toothpaste with toothbrush.
5. What do you think is your worst vice or fault .. honestly?
6. Would you tell your friend, if you knew her husband/wife was cheating on her/him?
Probably talk to the spouse first.
7. What ambitions, wishes or desires, for your life, do you still hold close to your heart?
World domination. OK, I jest. Just trying to make it better.
8. Where do you see yourself five years from now?
Quite possibly the same place. On the other hand, I’m almost NEVER right about that question.
9. If you had the choice of any talent with the penalty that you would lose a talent in exchange, what would you want to gain, and what would you be willing to lose?
Being able to type; being able to roll my tongue.
10. Name three things that you do want to be completed in your life before retiring?
House paid off, daughter’s college fund at a substantial level, visit 5 states I’ve never been.
11. Of all of the people out there who would have been your fantasy date? Date, not romance…
Meryl Streep; don’t know WHICH of her characters would show up.
12. Google put another spell on you, you have just changed genders for 48 hours… what are you going to do with your 2 days?
Get a pedicure; I always wanted one. Buy clothes.
13. If you owned your own island, and got to make it your own country, what would you call it? And why?
14. If you rubbed the lamp and got 3 wishes, what would they be?
End war; end hunger; and anyone in public life who tells a deliberate lie, his/her nose would grow like Pinnochio’s.
15. What is your earliest memory of puberty?
Fear; what the heck was THAT?
16. If you got banished to your Island alone and could only bring 5 things, what would they be?
Food, clothing, some sort of shelter (a trailer), computer with connectivity that held lots of music and reading material. Oh, and you; I’d be lonely without you.