1. One of my favorite TV shows recently changed the actors who played two characters. Have you ever been bothered by a TV show or movie series changing actors who play a character you love?
Actually, I did, but I got over it quickly. I was watching a soap opera called Another World back in the 1990s. The character Paulina was played by some waif of a woman named Cali Timmins, but then she was replaced by the far more zaftig Judi Evans. it was a shock, but Evans ended up defining the role.
2. A coworker recently shared a link to a blog listing the “five things you should know before dating a journalist.” As a journalist, I can honestly say the writer was spot-on. What are some things people should know before spending time with you?
I’m basically shy when I’m in new situations; I don’t like to talk just to talk when I haven’t anything to say; and if I’m bored, I don’t fake interest very well – best not to bring up the books/movies Twilight.
3. What is something you often do without realizing that you’re doing it?
4. Who has the capacity to make you angrier than anyone else in your life, and what in particular does he or she do to make you so angry?
Certain relatives push your buttons more because they know you well. I have particular instances in mind, but I shall pass on that.
5. If a fairy waved a magic wand and gave you the house of your dreams, where would it be and what features would it have?
It’d be close to where I am now, maybe on a side street with less traffic. It’d have a movie viewing room, with comfy seats and real popcorn.
6. What’s a belief that you hold with which many people disagree?
That Nancy Grace should be banned from TV forever.
7. I used to talk in my sleep. In fact, I could carry on a conversation with someone when I was fully asleep, and my mom used this fact when I was a teenager to find out if I did anything wrong and was hiding it from my parents. If you were talking in your sleep tonight, what do you think you would say?
I probably do too, and they are either extensions of dreams or awake conversations.
8. Movie theaters started selling advance tickets for midnight showings months ago. Have you ever attended a midnight premiere showing of a movie?
I’ve been to premieres, and I’ve been to midnight movies, but no.
9. Tigers, lions, and bears were let loose in Zanesville, Ohio, by their owner before he committed suicide, leading to a hunt in which 49 of the animals, including 18 endangered Bengal tigers, were killed. How would you react if you saw “Caution exotic animals. Stay in your vehicle” being displayed on a road sign?
Probably wouldn’t believe it and would end up being mauled to death..
10. If a company opened a theme park aimed at adults, what would you name one of the rides?
Wonderarama. Loved that show.
11. Imagine you just moved onto Sesame Street. Which puppet would you want as your new roommate?
Kermit. We have the green thing going.
12. Have you ever had a weird crush on a famous person that didn’t make sense to you?
Yes. I’ve been fascinated by how certain people I think are attractive but sort of leave me cold (Jennifer Aniston comes to mind), yet other people who I think may be way less than perfect looking are quite fascinating.
13. If you get ten minutes to interview any celebrity of your choice, who would you like it to be?
Paul McCartney, hands down.
14. You’ve just won the complete DVD collection of all the movies starring one actor or actress. Which actor/actress would you pick?
15. Actor George Clooney recently told People Magazine that he doesn’t use Twitter “because I will drink in the evening and I don’t want anything that I could possibly write at midnight to actually end my career.” What is something you’ve said through social media and then regretted it?
Very little if anything. Except that, and I think it’s true in all non-verbal communication, sometimes intent gets lost. But that’s happened in e-mail, especially when it was newer. Irony and sarcasm I tend to avoid in social media because it’s too easy to misconstrue.
16. VH1 has re-introduced its hit show “Pop-Up Video,” which gives behind-the-scenes facts for popular music videos. What musician would you be most interested in learning behind-the-scenes facts about?
17. If you stumbled across someone’s personal written journal that was accidentally left in a public place, would you read any of the content?
Not after I had identified the owner. Might read enough to try to figure out whose it was if it weren’t labeled.
18. What is the title of a self-help book that you’d never want to see on a store bookshelf?
How Tea Partiers Can Be More Assertive.
19. Which Halloween costume do you think will be overdone this [past] year?
I would have guessed Gaga.
20. Should a marriage license have a renewal date or expiration date, like a driver’s license?
It’s a terrible idea. Functionally, they already do anyway.