Since I’ve found myself unable to create any Best Of for the year, I guess I’ll force myself to do this meme from Sunday Stealing instead. Only requires one response per question required.
1. Your main fandom of the year: tossup between the perennial Beatles and visiting the folks at ABC Wednesday.
2. Your favorite Film this year: The King’s Speech, though I was mighty fond of Toy Story 3. And BTW, I went with my wife, not my daughter; the conveyor belt scene would have freaked her out, I’m guessing.
3. Your favorite Book read this year: well, haven’t read it as such, but I am thoroughly picking out stories and descriptions from Finishing the Hat by Stephen Sondheim.
4. Your favorite Album or Song this year: probably National Ransom by Elvis Costello.
5. Your favorite meme site of the year: other than ABC Wednesday, that’d be Rock ‘n’ Roll Fridays, I guess.
6. Your Fandom that you haven’t tried Yet, but want to: not applicable
7. Your best new Fandom Discovery of the Year: also n/a
8. Your biggest Fandom Disappointment of the Year: too many 3-D movies that don’t warrant the technology, and the added ticket price. Ken Levine talked about this recently, and Roger Ebert is virulently anti-3D.
9. Your TV Boyfriend of the year: n/a
10. Your TV Girlfriend of the year: I suppose it’s Lauren Graham, whose presence in the show Parenthood got me to watch it occasionally.
11. Your most Missed Old Fandom: don’t know if I miss it as much as it has nostalgic resonance, but a lot of online fandom was stuff that USED to happen by mail. I did a little of that re the BEATLES maybe 20 years ago.
12. Your Biggest Anticipations of the New Year: that 3-D movies as a selling point will crash and burn.
13. Your favorite post (of yours) of the year: difficult to choose. Probably an ABC Wednesday post. I’ll pick L is for Loving Day because it generated lots of comments.
14.Your favorite new blog (to you) of the year: Peripheral Perceptions. Don’t always agree with Lisa, but I do respect her opinion.
15.Your favorite new website of the year: Well, it’s new to me – Tommy Westphall’s Mind: “If St Elsewhere exists only within Tommy Westphall’s mind, then so does every other series set within the same fictional sphere.”
16. Your favorite news story of the year: the Chilean miners’ rescue.
17. Your favorite actor of the year: Colin Firth. I liked him in the last two movies I’ve seen him in, The King’s Speech and A Single Man.
18. Your favorite drama TV show of the year: Based on the time from recording to the time I watch it, it must be The Closer.
19. Your favorite comedy TV Show this year: Using the same criterion, Modern Family.
20. Your favorite cartoon of the year: Pearls Before Swine newspaper strip.