Another Sunday Stealing. “Here, we will steal all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere.”
1. If you could live in a house, shaped like anything, what would it be?
I don’t know. It might be shaped like something Frank Gehry designed. On the other hand, I might get lost.
2. What do you think is in outer space?
Other civilizations. Given the sheer vastness of the universe, the idea that this little planet is the ONLY one with sentient life is rather absurd. I wonder if they’re doing any better than we are. I hope so.
3. Where is the most wonderful place you’ve ever been?
Barbados on our honeymoon. The ocean was so blue. Or maybe it’s a blowhole I saw in Baja California in the late 1980s.
4. If you were invisible for a day, what would you do?
Find proof of malfeasance by certain politicians and send the information to the proper authorities.
5. What is the worst smell in the world?
Cigarettes. I can smell them from thirty feet away.
6. If you could, what animal would you be?
A dolphin. Intelligent, yet not burdened by the human trait of overthinking.
7. What is the greatest thing ever invented?
The Internet. It’s also the worst thing.
8. What is your favorite word? Why?
Treppenwitz, because I experience it. A LOT.
Frederick Augustus Washington Bailey
9. Who is someone in history that you’d like to be friends with? Why?
Frederick Douglass, because he was an interesting guy. His trip to Ireland in the 1840s, where he recognized the oppression of more people, was enlightening.
10. If your pet could talk, what would it say?
He does talk. He caterwauls, “FEED ME!”
11. Were there dinosaurs on Noah’s ark?
Sure, why not? Assuming I take the story literally.
12. What makes you cry?
Music. It can be joyful or melancholy.
13. Have you ever played a joke on someone? What was it?
This is NOT really in my wheelhouse.
14. What’s the hardest thing you’ve ever had to do?
Tell my sisters that my mom had just died.
15. What is the most important appliance in your house?
The refrigerator is where the cottage cheese, milk, apples, and mayo are.