Presuppose? Albany, NY IS in EXTREMELY western New England, at the junction of I-87 and I-90. From Sunday Stealing, again.
1. Have you turned the heat on in your house yet this fall?
It kicked in the middle of October. Surprisingly cold for that time of year.
2. Do you allow your pets on the furniture?
Well, IF we had a pet, it’d be a cat. Yes, on the sofa; no, on the dining room table. The Wife and I have actually discussed the possibility recently. Shhh! Don’t tell the Daughter yet; we need to ask her at the right time.
3. What were your final words for September?
Where did I leave my October bus pass?
4. What are your first words for October?
Oh, there it is.
5. Do you think you’ve ever seen a ghost?
It’s remotely possible if I believed in such things, which I tend not to.
6. What is the one color that represents this time of year?
Clearly, orange, which represents both Halloween and Thanksgiving, not to mention falling leaves.
7. Which of your senses do you think is most sensitive this time of year?
My sense of melancholy. Oh, that’s not what was meant? My sense of seeing the increasingly barren trees.
8. What is your favorite thing to do at the county fair?
Buying homemade food products. I’m also a sucker for farmers’ markets.
9. What do you like when you have a cold?
Ginger ale, hot tea, Vitamin C drops, to do nothing.
10. Are you willing to spend over $100 for a piece of winter clothing, like boots or a coat?
My hands get all clammy and sweaty simultaneously just at the thought. I HATE buying clothes, aside from hats, gloves, underwear, and socks.
12. What do you have too much of in your kitchen?
Mugs. For all occasions. But I don’t see us giving them up, as they represent particular events.
13. What gripes do you have about this time of year?
The cold, the need for gloves and especially a knit hat; a cap is insufficient for my balding pate.
14. Other than yourself, are you responsible for getting anyone ready in the morning?
The Daughter, and she can take FOREVER.
15. When was the last time you cleaned your gutters?
Well, it will be done this year, but not by me.
16. So, it’s after Labor Day. Will you still be wearing white?
This is a fashion thing, isn’t it? Have I mentioned that I think that fashion, by and large, is quite stupid? So, yes, and I HAVE!
17. What shows are you most looking forward to this Fall?
Well, I’m interested in watching The Good Wife, Grey’s Anatomy, 30 Rock, and JEOPARDY! I’m constantly three weeks behind. There are people who complain about reruns and pre-emptions of TV shows; I am NOT one of those people.
18. What three things have you just not gotten around to from the summer, but probably should do before snow flies?
The leaves need raking. I should probably mow the lawn one last time. And the summer furniture needs to go into the basement. Also, while I’M not doing it, the roof needs replacing. *** I mentioned the Mockingbird reading that took place this Saturday past. Chuck Miller took pictures of all the participants.