The Sunday Stealing post this week is the 7 Layer Meme. I misread it as 7 Lager Meme because of the font.Except for the fact that I don’t drink beer, that could have been interesting.
LAYER 1: Tell us your…
* Eye color: Brown
* Hair color: What hair? Mostly gray.
* Height: 5’11 5/8″
* Righty or lefty: Righty
LAYER 2: What’s…
* Your heritage: I wrote about this last year here.
* The shoes you wore today: Brown
* Your weakness: Left knee from torn meniscus in 1994
* Your fears: Being late
* And your perfect pizza: Sausage and mushroom
* Goals you’d like to achieve: Writing this blog post
* Your first waking thoughts: What time is it?
* Your best physical feature: My eyes.
* And your most missed memory: Presently, my high school yearbook. It may turn up.
LAYER 3: Do you…
* Smoke: No.
* Cuss: Increasingly since 2015.
* Sing: Often.
* Do you think you’ve been in love: Sure.
* Did you go to college: Yes. Then to grad school, twice, one time to completition.
* Liked high school: Mostly.
* Believe in yourself: Occasionally.
* Think you’re attractive: Not for me to say.
* Think you’re a health freak: No.
* Like thunderstorms: If I’m home.
* Play an instrument: Not really.
LAYER 4: In the past month have you…
* Drunk alcohol/Smoked: No (X2)
* Done a drug: Tylenol
* Made out: no
* Gone on a date: Yes, to dinner.
* Gone to the mall: No. I hate malls. Unless you count strip malls.
* Eaten an entire box of Oreos/Eaten sushi: No (X2)
* Been on stage: Define “stage” – I’ve been at a church lectern
* Been dumped/Gone skating/Gone skinny dipping: No (X3)
Fortunately, the conditional “in the last month” is there, or there would be a whole lot more to write here.
LAYER 5: Have you ever…
* Played a game that required removal of clothing: No.
* Been trashed or extremely intoxicated: Yes. The last time was almost 31 years ago when I was a pallnbearer for a dear friend and on my birthday.
* Been caught “doing something”: Probably. Likely more than once.
* And been called a tease: Possibly
* Gotten beaten up: I wouldn’t say “beaten up”, but punched, yes, I wrote about this here.
* Age you did get/hope to be married: 19
* How do you want to die: Saving someone or in my sleep
* What did you want to be when you grew up: Minister or lawyer
* What country would you most like to visit: France
Seven and Seven Is – Love
LAYER 7: Now tell…
* Name a person you could trust with your life: Uthaclena
* The name of a favorite CD that you own: Peter Gabriel’s third album, sometimes called Melt. I have it in German on LP and English. Gabriel’s birthday is this week!
* Number of piercings/Number of tattoos: zero (X2)
* Number of times my name has appeared in the newspaper: dozens. In Binghamton relating to community events. My picture was in the paper singing “O Come All Ye Faithful” when I was six, according to the caption. There was the story about the Green Family Singers and at least one tied to my 1972 car accident.
In Albany, NY when I worked for FantaCo, the comic book store (1980-1988), there were a handful of stories, plus one UPI piece that got picked up by papers in CA, IL, ME, OK, PA, UT and WA in April-June, 1982.
There was a story about me and the 1990 Census in the Schenectady Gazette.
After I was on JEOPARDY in 1998, I got a few mentions, once in the Boston Globe and several times in the Albany Times Union. I was a blogger for the TU’s community blog (2008-2021), and occasionally an excerpt would show up in the print newspaper. There is a picture of me singing at my present church at some point in the 2010s.
* Name a past experience that you regret: “Regrets, I’ve a few, But again, too few to mention.” It’s not that I don’t have things I wish I had done differently. It’s that there were things learned from the experiences.
Seven Nation Army-White Stripes