This week’s Sunday Stealing is called Pinterest. I don’t know why.
1. When did you last sing to yourself?
Five minutes ago. I often sing to myself.
2. If you’re male, would you ever rock black nail polish? If you’re female, would you ever rock really, really short hair?
It’s not my style. I have no specific problem with it, except that it would involve far more effort in getting ready than I’m willing to expend.
3. What is the greatest accomplishment of your life?
Writing a blog post every day since May 2, 2005.
4. What is the first happy memory that comes to mind, recent or otherwise?
Undoubtedly, it involved listening to music, or singing music. I’ll pick the last time I heard I Only Have Eyes For You by the Flamingos. I love that song so much I could weep. Or maybe I did.
5. If you knew that in one year you would die suddenly, would you change anything about the way you are now living?
Surely, I’d spend more time on the genealogy stuff for my sisters and daughter.
6. Do you have a bucket list? If so, what are the top three things?
I may have once had a bucket list, but I found it an albatross. So I abandoned it.
7. How do you feel about tattoos and piercings?
I’ve evolved on them. I used to find tattoos unappealing. But as I see more people wearing them, I’m more comfortable with most of them, though I’d never want one myself. BTW, you can’t give blood for some months if you get a tattoo. I’m fascinated by people with full-body tats; it’s like viewing a totally different culture.
Rolling Stones or Pharrell Williams
More or less. I had good friends, some of whom I’m still in contact with.
8. When did you last cry in front of another person?
Probably in the past month, in front of my wife
9. Who in the world would you most like to receive a letter from, and what would you want it to say?
Maybe someone I wrote about in my blog that they liked what I wrote about them.
10. What is your nighttime routine?
Dinner, watch the recorded news, watch the recorded JEOPARDY, check my email, take my medicine, and brush my teeth.
11. When was your last 3 am conversation with someone, and who were they to you?
It was my daughter, who had just come home after seeing a midnight movie.
12. if you were about to die, and you could only say one more sentence to one person, what would you say and to whom?
A friend who has ghosted me to say, “I love you anyway.”
13. What is your opinion on brown eyes?
I have brown eyes. I’m in favor.
14. Pick a quote and describe what it means to you personally.
I have posted a section from theologian Henri Nouwen’s book Here and Now: Living in the Spirit several times on my birthday. Here it is. One section: On a birthday, we do not say: “Thanks for what you did, or said, or accomplished.” No, we say: “Thank you for being born and being among us.”
15. What would you title the autobiography of your life so far?
Information without the Bun, which was the title of my now-defunct Albany Times Union blog.