I had done this meme back in December 2008, when Jacquandor returned to blogging. But it was in draft in Blogger and – oops – never actually posted it!
No time like the present. The skips, I gather, are because I had already answered similar questions (then) recently:
1.Bought everyone in the bar a drink – yeah, but there were only a couple people IN the bar
4. Taken a Ferrari for a test drive – not even a dream of mine
5. Been inside the Great Pyramid – no
6. Held a tarantula – for some reason, I think I did at some controlled environment
7. Taken a candlelit bath with someone – yes
08. Said “I love you” and meant it – yes
09. Hugged a tree – several
13. Stayed up all night long and saw the sun rise – yes
14. Seen the Northern Lights – no
15. Gone to a huge sports game – define “huge”. I went to some championship high school basketball games.
18. Touched an iceberg – no
20. Changed a baby’s diaper – pretty sure I did this BEFORE I had a child, though it had been so long that when Carol was pregnant, I actually volunteered to diaper a friend’s child to get back into practice.
21. Taken a trip in a hot air balloon – no
23. Gotten drunk on champagne – well, no. Too much champagne doesn’t get me drunk, it gives me a headache.
25. Looked up at the night sky through a telescope – well, yes, but not in far too long.
26. Had an uncontrollable giggling fit at the worst possible moment – nothing comes to mind, but it’s possible.
27. Had a food fight – not an outright fight; might have flicked a french fry or two.
28. Bet on a winning horse – no. Considering my distance from Saratoga, I’ve actually only been to the track once, surprisingly.
29. Asked out a stranger – define. I’ve been to parties where I’ve meet people and ultimately asked them out.
30. Had a snowball fight – yes.
31. Screamed as loudly as you possibly can – yes.
34. Ridden a roller coaster – yes, but not in years. It was a tradition that my father rode with my baby sister, I rode with my other sister, and my mother would hold our glasses, lest they fall off.
36. Danced like a fool and didn’t care who was looking – probably.
37. Adopted an accent for an entire day – no. I have adopted accents, though.
38. Actually felt happy about your life, even for just a moment – sure.
39. Had two hard drives for your computer – no.
40. Visited all 50 states – 30.
41. Taken care of someone who was drunk. I drove home someone who was drunk. I didn’t have a license or a permit. And the statue of limitations on that has definitely passed.
42. Had amazing friends – heck, yeah.
43. Danced with a stranger in a foreign country – no.
45. Stolen a sign – maybe.
46. Backpacked in Europe – no.
47. Taken a road-trip – define; certainly from my POV.
52. Been heartbroken longer than you were actually in love – most definitely.
53. In a restaurant, sat at a stranger’s table and had a meal with them – no. But I have eaten with strangers on a train, which is the tradition.
54. Visited Japan – no.
56. Alphabetized your CDs – how the heck would I find 1500 CDs if I didn’t alphabetize them. There are the classicals (arranged by composer), the pop (arranged by artist), the genre -soundtracks, e.g. (arranged by title).
57. Pretended to be a superhero – is the Hulk a superhero?
59. Lounged around in bed all day – probably in February 1975. I was quite depressed.
60. Played touch football – yes, but not in years.
68. Fallen in love and not had your heart broken – of course.
69. Toured ancient sites – I always thought my grandmother’s house, built before 1870, was an ancient site.
71. Played D&D for more than 6 hours straight – never played it at all.
72. Gotten married -yes.
74. Crashed a party – possibly.
76. Gone without food for 5 days – not even in my poorest days.
77. Made cookies from scratch – yes, but the payoff wasn’t worth the effort.
78. Won first prize in a costume contest – no.
80. Gotten a tattoo – no.
81. Rafted the Snake River – no, nor any other river.
82. Been on a television news program as an “expert” – no, but I was in a newspaper story about American Idol as an expert on keeping a secret from the time a television show is taped to the time it airs
84. Performed on stage – my father, sister and I performed as the Green Family Singers when I was a teenager. Also did a little theater.
85. Been to Las Vegas – no.
86. Recorded music – yes, but only for personal consumption.
87. Eaten shark – no.
88. Kissed on the first date – yes.
89. Gone to Thailand – no.
90. Bought a house – yes.
91. Been in a combat zone – no.
92. Buried one/both of your parents – buried my father.
93. Been on a cruise ship – no.
94. Spoken more than one language fluently – still working on English.
95. Performed in Rocky Horror – I brought an umbrella.
96. Raised children – more like raising a child.
97. Followed your favorite band/singer on tour – no.
98. Passed out cold – don’t believe so.
99. Taken an exotic bicycle tour in a foreign country – no
100. Picked up and moved to another city to just start over – thrice in 1977 alone.
101. Walked the Golden Gate Bridge – no. Rode on it though.
102. Sang loudly in the car, and didn’t stop when you knew someone was looking – probably.
103. Had plastic surgery – no.
104. Survived an accident that you shouldn’t have survived – definitely.
105. Wrote articles for a large publication – well, the Fantastic Four Chronicles had a print run of 70,000.
106. Lost over 100 pounds – gained and lost.
107. Held someone while they were having a flashback – probably.
108. Piloted an airplane – no.
109. Touched a stingray – no.
110. Broken someone’s heart – unfortunately, yes.
111. Helped an animal give birth – watched kittens being born, providing her bedding, but she didn’t seem to need much help.
112. Won money on a TV game show – rumor has it.
114. Gone on a photo safari – no.
115. Had a facial part pierced other than your ears – no, and not likely to.
116. Fired a rifle, shotgun, or pistol – my grandfather had me fire his rifle when I was 6 or 7; landed on my behind.
117. Eaten mushrooms that were gathered in the wild – I was watching a piece on CBS Sunday Morning and, of the many different types of mushrooms, only about 20% were considered fit for human consumption. That would be a no.
118. Ridden a horse – first time 6/9/1976, the day after my first hangover. Not recommended.
119. Had major surgery – minor surgery (on knee).
120. Had a snake as a pet – no.
121. Hiked to the bottom of the Grand Canyon – never been to the Grand Canyon
122. Slept for 30 hours in a 48 hour period – quite possibly. I had an allergic reaction to a pain medication, slept all day on someone else’s sofa, then got taken to the ER where I was attached to an IV for nine hours suffering from severe dehydration.
123. Visited more foreign countries than U.S. States – no, 3 to 30.
124. Visited all 7 continents – only this one.
125. Taken a canoe trip that lasted more than 2 days – no, though I have been canoeing.
126. Eaten kangaroo meat – no.
127. Eaten sushi – yes, but don’t love it. My wife does, though.
129. Changed someone’s mind about something you care deeply about – almost certainly.
130. Gone back to school – a couple times, once successfully.
131. Parasailed – no
132. Touched a cockroach – dead ones.
133. Eaten fried green tomatoes – maybe.
134. Read The Iliad and The Odyssey – started, never finished.
135. Selected one “important” author who you missed in school, and read – yes.
136. Killed and prepared an animal for eating – no, since I’ve never killed anything other than bugs.
137. Skipped all your school reunions – no, went to HS 10th and 35th. But never been to a college reunion.
138. Communicated with someone without sharing a common spoken language – yes, in Mexico.
139. Been elected to public office – if nominated, I shall not run.
140. Written your own computer language – heavens, no. Though I did work with same whemn I was a SYSOP for an electronic BBS. terribly boring stuff to me.
141. Thought to yourself that you’re living your dream – my dreams are so unfocused, I can’t say.
142. Had to put someone you love into hospice care – well, that was the plan for my father, but he died.
143. Built your own PC from parts – nope.
144. Sold your own artwork to someone who didn’t know you – no.
145. Had a booth at a street fair – yes.
146. Dyed your hair – no, but someone once sprayed my hair gold.
147. Been a DJ – at my brother-in-law’s wedding in 1999. it was hard; I wanted to expand the listeners’ range, but I could get them on the dance floor only with the more traditional fare. Oh, and I did read the news on my college radio station for a few weeks.
148. Shaved your head – no, but there just isn’t that much there anyway.
149. Caused a car accident – caused, no. been in, yes.
150. Saved someone’s life – sure.