After SamuraiFrog experienced a lull in blogging – I missed him – he broke the dry spell with a meme. I’m in favor of that, because writing is better than not writing. Sometimes the meme will get you off the schneid.
1. Do you make your bed?
Almost never, and never willingly. When I was visiting one of my sisters back in the ’80s, she asked, “Don’t you like the feel of a newly-made bed?” And I said, “Not enough to make it.”
And if a bed is TOO tightly made, I feel like a mummy. I’ll undo almost any bed in one sleep cycle.
2. The first car that was officially yours?
Perhaps none of them.
3. Three grocery items you don’t run out of?
Eggs, milk, cottage cheese.
4. When did you start doing your own laundry?
Maybe in high school, maybe not until college; I just don’t remember.
5. If you could, would you go to High School again?
Oh, heavens, no, and I liked high school. I was President of student government, president of the Red Cross club, active in social justice actions, was on stage crew for the drama club.
6. Can you parallel park in under three moves?
No, driving in reverse confounds me.
7. A job you had which people would be shocked to know about?
Shocked? Can’t imagine. I was a janitor twice, once in Binghamton city hall, once in a department store in New Paltz.
8. Do you think aliens are real?
More than likely.
9. Can you drive a stick shift?
No, I remember the Okie screaming at me while I was burning out the clutch on her blue Volvo station wagon.
10. Guilty TV pleasure?
Old episodes of Law and Order, all three varieties, especially from the periods after I had stopped watching them. Actually, I had watched the original from season 2 until Jerry Orbach left, but the other two only sporatically.
11. Would you rather be too hot or too cold?
Too cold. When I’m too hot, I’m totally drained.
12. If the world ends do you want to be one of the survivors?
Depends on what’s left. And who.
13. Sweet or Salty?
14. Do you enjoy soaking in a nice bath?
I have, but I haven’t taken one in a very long time.
15. Do you consider yourself strong?
I vacillate on this. Probably stronger than I think, but not nearly as strong as I want to be.
16. Something people do, physically, that drives you crazy?
Talk on their damn devices, phones and whatnot, and almost walk into me on the sidewalk. Or worse, walk between cars and I almost hit them with my bike.
17. Something you do, physically, that you are sure drives everyone else crazy?
My daughter thinks I’m too loud, especially when I laugh.
18. Do you have any birthmarks?
Not that I’m aware of.
19. Favorite childhood game?
Pinochle or SCRABBLE.
20. Do you talk to yourself?
ALL the time. I try not to do it when others are around. Although who would know? They’d probably think I was on some miniature device. I started a short story about that…
21. Do you like doing jigsaw puzzles?
Depends. I get impatient early on, but as it begins to come together, it becomes more fun. I seldom do them alone.
22. Would you go on a reality show?
No, they hurt my brain.
23. Tea or coffee?
Tea. I never learned to like coffee. And BTW, I HATE it when I can taste coffee in tea water. Separate carafes, PLEASE.
24. First thing you remember wanting to be when you grew up?
Either a minister or a lawyer.
25. No matter how much money you have or don’t have, what are you an absolute snob about?
Like Alvy Singer, the Woody Allen character in Annie Hall, I don’t go to movies late. Not only might I be missing something important, but I can’t see when the lights are down, at all.