1. When you tell a story, do you often exaggerate?
No, unless it’s SO obvious, generally for comedic purposes.
2. If a friend were almost always late, would you resent it or simply allow for it?
Interesting that the issue came up this very week. Many events were late because of a loving, but overly ambitious agenda. When they were disappointed that I had to leave before the last event was over, but 45 minutes after the event was supposed to be over, I felt bad. But I needed to be elsewhere.
3. Can you be counted on to be on time?
I did a whole post on this.
4. When did you last yell at someone? Why?
It wasn’t exactly yelling, but I was on a committee to work on a different event. There is one item that always ends that entity’s events. Someone thought the closing should be dropped because of the time. I was adamant that it should not be dropped. I knew the event’s founders felt as I did, but I was willing to play the bad cop.
5. If you could have free, unlimited service for five years from an extremely good cook, chauffeur, housekeeper, masseuse, or personal secretary, which would you choose?
Personal secretary if it meant they would type stuff. I hate typing, and I’m poor at it. If they didn’t type, then a housekeeper for sure. But the others are also appealing.
6. Would you be willing to go to a slaughterhouse and kill a cow? Do you eat meat?
7. Do you feel ill at ease going alone to either dinner or a movie? What about going on a vacation by yourself?
I’ve dined alone. While I prefer going to the movies with another, I’ve seen at least three movies in 2023 by myself. I went on a vacation alone in 1998. I’d do it again given the right circumstances, perhaps visiting some Major League Baseball parks,, which are uninteresting to my wife and daughter.
8. Would you like to be famous? In what way?
You mean I’m not? Well, I would rather not.. The sniping on social media alone makes it undesirable.
9. Would you rather play a game with someone more or less talented than you?
About even. But given the duality, someone who is more talented.
10. Is there something you’ve dreamed of doing for a long time? Why haven’t you done it?
Go to Asia. Maybe I will in the next few years once I’ve saved up.
11. If you were at a friend’s house for Thanksgiving dinner and found a dead cockroach in your salad, what would you do?
I’d discreetly get the friend out of the room and tell them.
12. Would you accept $10,000 to shave your head and continue your normal activities sans hat or wig without explaining the reason for your haircut?
With my (lack of) hair? That’d be like free money.
13. If you were able to wake up tomorrow in the body of someone else, would you do so? Whom would you pick?
I would not. I’m having enough trouble being me.
14. If you could change anything about the way you were raised, what would it be?
I would not. It all shapes me, the good and the bad.
15. What, if anything, is too serious to be joked about?
There’s a cliche about tragedy, plus time equals comedy. So it may be a matter of timing. I think of Hogan’s Heroes and The Producers making fun of the Nazis in the 1960s, e.g.