The Sunday Stealing prompt is stolen from Magical Journal Prompts.
1. What’s the best beach or lake day you can remember?
It was 5 a.m. in Galveston, TX, in 1996 or 1997. I walked out onto a jetty and watched the tides come in.
2. Describe your ideal picnic lunch
Cold fried chicken, fruit salad, macaroni salad, lemonade.
3. What flowers are in your bouquet?
Wildflowers. It really doesn’t matter what.
4. Silly ways to pass the time during a snowstorm
Doing play-by-play. “Mr. Jones is bringing out his industrial-strength snowplow. Will it start this time? He pulls… YES! We have ignition. Meanwhile, Mr. Jones is going old school with a shovel. Let’s hope he creates a wider path than during the last storm.”
5. The most beautiful house you’ve ever visited.
Even though it reflected the Gilded Age wretched excess, it would have to be one of Newport, Rhode Island mansions, which we visited in 2012.
6. Best place you ever dined.
Possibly Yono’s in downtown Albany, NY. It was probably for our 10th wedding anniversary.
7. How many layers to your ice cream sandwich?
I’m old school. Ice cream between two biscuits, wafers, cookies, whatever. Layers?
8. Pretty things that are faux patent leather
This is one of those clothes/fashion questions. I have no idea. Shoes, I guess.
9. What is the best way to eat chocolate?
In a freshly baked chocolate chip cookie. Cold milk is required.
Something highly desirable but challenging to find or obtain
10. Describe your unicorn’s special magic
The very existence of a unicorn is, by definition, magical. It flies. It’s strong and fast. Their horns purify poison water. And Uni entertains children. Here’s that Irish Rovers song, which sent to #7 on the Billboard pop charts and #2 on the Adult Contemporary charts in 1968.
11. All the fruits in your fruit salad
Strawberries, blueberries, bananas, red and green grapes, cherries.
12. Describe your magical forest’s soil, grass, trees, flowers, and rocks.
It’s magical, so I don’t need to describe it. It changes with my mood, my needs.
13. The lyrics which move you the most are:
Any of this quintet of melancholy songs, though it’s difficult to separate the performance from the lyrics. It’s HOW they’re sung that often resonates.
And scads of others.
14. What are the best sauces in the world?
There’s a vodka sauce we use on our pasta, Bertolli or another brand, the name of which escapes me. In general, almost all sauces meet specific needs; Worcheshire, soy, duck, and honey mustard, e.g. I refuse to be saucist about it.
15. Write a haiku about nature
The earth is on fire
What will the future bring us?
Must fix, yesterday!