The new Sunday Stealing is Love Me Some Surveys.
1. Who was the last attractive person you saw?
Attractiveness is one of those notions I think is rather fuzzy, actually. My wife and I saw a movie recently in which a particular character was supposed to be very handsome. My wife just didn’t see it. It is so subjective as to be largely unanswerable.
2. Do you have a tattoo? If not, are you going to get one?
No, and no.
3. Have you smoked a cigarette in the last 24 hours?
I’m pretty sure the last cigarette I even attempted to smoke was in 1985. No, wait, that was a different type of cigarette. Never mind.
4. Do you believe everyone deserves a second chance?
Ostensibly yes. But let’s face it: some things are very difficult to forgive. A group at church read the book Why Forgive back in 2018-2019, which I wrote about here. Are we not all worthy of redemption?
5. What is your favorite number?
37, which is a prime number.
6. What time did you go to sleep last night?
12:15 a.m., after I did the Wordle and the Quordle.
7. Are you one of those people that always answer their phones?
No, I only answer the phone if the number is familiar to me, or if the caller ID alerts me that it’s someone I know. Usually, the landline goes to the answering machine. People reaching my cellphone usually just hang up; I get a LOT of Potential Spam indicators.
8. If you died today would your life be complete?
Well, yes and no. On one hand, I have an ever-increasing list of Things To Do, optimally including, ideally, getting my daughter through college. On the other hand, what you’ve done when it’s time is what you’ve done.
9. If you are being extremely quiet, what does that mean?
It could mean any number of things. I could be uncomfortable being with a bunch of strangers. I might be tired. Maybe I’m about to take my blood pressure, before which I sit quietly for nine minutes. Or I could be seething with rage, and working very hard not to say something I would assuredly regret.
10. Do you know what high school your dad went to?
According to the Binghamton School Directory 2019, he went to Central.
11. Last time you had butterflies in your stomach?
It was talking to a financial adviser. It gives me agita.
12. Where is your cell phone?
It’s probably in the pair of pants I wore yesterday.
13. What is the nearest purple thing to you?
Books, right in front of me. The spines of reference books, one on comic books, the other on soul singles.
14. When did you last step outside? What were you doing?
I came back from a graduation party for the children and nephews of a friend from church.
15. What is the last thing you watched on TV?
I watched black-ish, an episode I recorded six weeks ago because I don’t watch television in real time.