Purloined from Chris Black–
7 things to do before I die:
1. Visit every state in the United States
2. Write a book – a roman a clef about church choirs and congregants
3. Go to a World Series game
4. Go to England and bother Chris Black
5. Meet at least half dozen of the bloggers I read regularly
6. Go to Lydia’s high school graduation
7. Go to Lydia’s college graduation
7 things I cannot do:
1. Drive well
2. Keep my desk orderly for more than a day
3. Play a musical instrument, except a kazoo
4. Draw a straight line without a straight edge
5. Sleep 8 hours a night, unless I’m ill
6. Patiently stand in line, unless I have something to read
7. Zip up Lydia’s pink coat – that zipper has it in for me
7 things that I like about my county
1. The beautiful views from Thatcher Park
2. The quaintness of Rensselaerville
3. The vitality of Lark Street in Albany
4. The information at the New York State Museum
5. The non-mall character of Stuyvesant Plaza, especially the independent book store, The Book House
6. The kitsch of the Tulip Festival
7. The peculiarity of Albany politics
7 things I often say:
1. “That’s doable” Then I heard that Alexander Haig used to say it, and I stopped.
2. “Oy “
3. “I’m walking here!” Think Midnight Cowboy.
4. “I like THAT.”
5. “What’s your case number?” Work related.
6. “Where’s your nose, Lydia?” (or other body part)
7. “I’m going to go to bed early tonight.” (But I almost never do.)
7 books that I love re-reading:
1. The Good Book – Peter J. Gomes
2. Living in the Spirit- Henri J.M. Nouwen
3. The Gospel according to St. Luke- NRSV version of the Bible
The rest are books I reference a lot:
4. Top Pop Singles-Joel Whitburn
5. Top Pop Albums-Joel Whitburn
6. The Complete Directory to Prime Time Network and Cable TV Shows- Brooks and Marsh
7. The World Almanac
7 movies I watch over and over again (well, more than once):
2. Annie Hall
4. Groundhog Day
5. Midnight Cowboy
6. Le Roi de Coeur
7. The Shawshank Redemption
7 people to tag. (Oh, I’m not going to tag seven people:)
1. Nat, are you still out there?
2. I won’t tag Eddie, because I see he’s busy replying to posts and making CDs.
3. Kelly, do this only if you want to.
4. Sarah, you might find it to be an interesting exercise.