The Sunday Stealing this week is from Kwizgiver.
1. What is in the back seat of your car right now?
Right now? Just a blanket. But if you asked me at 1:30 Friday afternoon, it would be all the stuff my daughter brought home from college, the vehicle filled to the gills. Oh, and my daughter was back there, too.
2. When was the last time you threw up?
I have no idea. Maybe when I had the flu 15 years ago? BTW, I’ve gotten a flu shot ever since.
3. What’s your favorite word or phrase?
There are so many. I’ll go with antepenultimate. I only learned about Penultimate while reading the next-to-the-last episode of the original Elfquest comic book, created by Wendy and Richard Pini. Finding there’s a word for the third to the last pleases me.
4. Name three people who made you smile today?
My daughter’s friend helped load our vehicle with my daughter’s stuff. One of the techs who helped me get my phone working. And one of the techs who got my watch working.
5. What were you doing at 8 am this morning?
Yesterday, I ate breakfast at the hotel we stayed at the night before.
6. What were you doing 30 minutes ago?
I was dealing with my new phone provider.
7. What would constitute the perfect evening for you?
Sitting around listening to music and reading the newspaper.
8. Have you ever been to a strip club?
I often do that
9. What is the last thing you said aloud?
What kind of question is “Have you ever been to a strip club?”
10. What is the best ice cream flavor?
Strawberry. Oddly, I can get it in hand-packed pints at Stewart’s, the local purveyor of dairy products and other things. But f I want a half gallon, it’ll be Neapolitan (vanilla, chocolate, and strawberry).
11. What was the last thing you had to drink?
12. What are you wearing right now?
Shirt, pants, slippers.
13. What was the last thing you ate?
A waffle with banana and strawberry for breakfast.
14. Have you bought any new clothing items this week?
No. Here is a recent JEOPARDY clue: A NEW COAT $1200: In 2019, this iconic star said a red coat she wore to protest the dangers of climate change will be the last clothing item she buys. Who is Jane Fonda?
15. When was the last time you ran?
Pre-COVID. I knew my left knee was bone-on-bone for a few years, mainly from a 1994 accident. I didn’t know my right knee was ALSO bone-on-bone until April 2023.
5 thoughts on “Sunday Stealing: Kwizgiver”
I love the word antepenultimate – never heard that before.
Actually, since I published my post I’ve thought of a German word I love: Regenbogen – which means rainbow.
I know you are glad to have your daughter home for the summer! Enjoy!! Also, cheers to strawberry ice cream and diet pepsi!
I’m with PM — I love the word “antepenultimate”. I’ll have to try to find a way to use it in conversation at some point.
Sorry about the knee problems. Darn joints just give out as we age. Enjoy having your daughter home! They grow up so fast.
I remember those college days. Lots of work, but lots of fun, too. I bet you’re glad to have your daughter home for the summer.