One of those quiz things from Jaquandor; some numbers were missing, and then I dropped two questions I’d answered before recently, while keeping a couple repeats I could answer differently.
1. You have $5 and need to buy snacks at a gas station. What do you buy?
It would depend how much water I’d already consumed – if enough for the day, probably get a cranberry juice. The rest is pure rationalization: fruit pie or fig bars, because they have fruit; light popcorn, pretzels or Snackwell cookies, because it could have been worse; a soft oatmeal raisin cookie, because it has oatmeal; and something chocolate, such as Mounds or M&Ms , because I’ve said, “Oh, to heck with it.”
2. If you were reincarnated as a sea creature, what would you want to be?
3. Who’s your favorite redhead?
I once had a very weird dream featuring Julianne Moore.
4. What do you order when you’re at IHOP?
Probably go to IHOP once a year, always on the road. Rooty Tooty Fresh and Fruity strawberry, because my wife likes the way I say it.
5. Last book you read?
6. Describe your favorite pair of underwear.
If by underwear, one counts T-shirts, then it’s this blue U.S. Congress one that my friend Mary gave me.
7. Describe the last time you were injured.
Crashed bike into a curb on Everett Road in Albany, described vividly here.
8. Rock concert or symphony?
It would depend. Have probably been to a near equal number of each.
9. What is the wallpaper of your mobile phone?
11. Favorite drink?
Long Island iced tea. Haven’t drunk it in years. But this is wrong; it was served way before the late 1970s.
12. What type of top/teeshirt are you wearing?
As of this writing, one I got from the Red Cross.
13. If you could only use one form of transportation for the rest of your life what would it be?
The train, assuming that there is really light rail around here.
14. Most recent movie you’ve watched at the movies?
The Simpsons Movie.
16. What’s your favorite kind of cake?
Carrot cake. Usually have it once a year, on my birthday.
17. What did you have for dinner last night?
As of this writing: spinach quiche; I’m a real man.
18. Look to your right what do you see?
Books, some of my wife’s papers, a portable CD player, a garbage can.
19. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off?
I could not tie my shoes until I was nine, so I only wore loafers. Which doesn’t answer the question, does it? Well, I’ve answered it before.
20. Favorite toy as a child?
A teddy bear, probably three feet tall.
21. Do you buy your own food?
Or my wife does.
22. Do you think people talk about you behind your back?
I encourage it. (“Did you hear what Roger just did?”)
23. When’s the last time you had a sour gummy worm?
A long time ago. Don’t like them.
24. What’s your favorite fruit?
Apples (especially Macs), pears, strawberries, blueberries.
25. Do you have a picture of yourself doing a cartwheel?
26. Have you ever eaten snow?
At least once every year.
27. What color are your bedsheets?
Right now, yellow.
28. What’s your mom’s favorite flower?
I’ll ask her.
29. Do you listen to classical music?
30. Do you have a wacky noodle?
My daughter has two, and she plays with them even when she’s not in the pool. One of these days, the noodle is literally going to hit the (ceiling) fan, and chaos will ensue.
31. Do you watch Spongebob?
When we first discovered it, quite often. Actually not much in the last three-and-a-half years, ironically.
32. Last food you ate?
Cheerios and Shredded Wheat.
33. Do people consider you intelligent?
Seriously, there are people who think I’m brilliant, just because I was on some game show.
35. Is your away message on?
No. You know what I hate? When I send a message to a listserv and I receive 37 out-of-office messages.
36. Have you ever tried gluing your fingers together?
Something to do NEXT lifetime.
37. What curse word do you use the most?
I really do try not to. It’s probably s***, although a****** is my favorite.
38. What time is your alarm clock set for?
5:30 on the weekdays; blame my wife.
42. What CD is currently in your CD player?
Actually nothing. I’m really into playing vinyl right now. That would be a Star Wars album, not the soundtrack, but the actual story, with scenes from the movie, narrated by the late Roscoe Lee Browne.
43. What movie do you know every line to?
Nada. But Annie Hall is probably the movie I know the most lines to. That or the Wizard of Oz.
46. Do you sleep in the same bed with your pets?
47. Do you enjoy giving hugs?
And getting. Probably not getting nearly enough.
48. What part of your name do people mis-pronounce?
Occasionally, maybe to be funny, people say Rogger, sorta rhyming with Frogger.
50. If you were to become famous, would you drop your last name?
Nah, it’s too colorful.