“We are like other memes in that we will ask you thirteen questions each and every Friday. But our little “twist” is that each week we will pick a singer, band, era or category and pick thirteen of their songs. Each of our questions will be based on the lyrics.
For the end of 2010, a double-length meme of the Beatles. As though I could resist.
1. HARD DAY’S NIGHT: “You know I work all day, to get you money, to buy you things, and it’s worth it just to hear you say, you’re gonna give me everything…”
Have you ever supported another person?
Well, my wife and I support our daughter. When Carol was in grad school, I was making the vast majority of the income, but now, as with about a fifth of mixed gender couples in the U.S., she makes more than I do.
2. ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE: “Nothing you can make that can’t be made. No one you can save that can’t be saved. Nothing you can do but you can learn how to be you in time, it’s easy. All you need is love…”
What 3 things do you need besides love?
Water, food, music.
3. BACK IN THE USSR: “Been away so long I hardly knew the place, gee it’s great to be back home…”
What is the most unusual place you have visited?
Barbados, 1999. Don’t know that it was unusual as much as it was FAR AWAY.
4. DO YOU WANT TO KNOW A SECRET?: “Listen, doo da doo, do you want to hear a secret? Do you promise not to tell?…”
What was the last secret you heard?
What a silly question.
5. DRIVE MY CAR: “Baby you can drive my car. Yes I’m gonna be a star. Baby you can drive my car and maybe I’ll love you…”
When was the last time you drove someone else’s car?
1987, I think. It was definitely when I was working at FantaCo.
6. EIGHT DAYS A WEEK: “I ain’t got nothing but love, babe. Eight days a week”…
What was the longest week of YOUR life?
First week of the daughter’s life – utter exhaustion.
7. GET BACK: “Jojo was a man who thought he was a loner, but he knew it couldn’t last. Jojo left his home in Tucson Arizona, for some California grass. Get back!Get Back! Get back to where you once belonged…”
Where do YOU belong?
A reasonable question. As Marvin Gaye sang, “Wherever I lay my hat, that’s my home.”
8. GOOD MORNING GOOD MORNING: “Everyone you see is half asleep, and you’re on your own you’re in the street…”
What is your morning routine?
Continue reading “ROCK ‘n ROLL Fridays: The Beatles”