26. Who has done something today to show they care about you?
Co-workers, folks on the bus, family.
27. Do you have a lot to learn?
Oh yeah. And then there’s the relearning of stuff I should have known.
28. If you could learn how to do three things just by wishing and not by working what would they be?
A How to speak many languages
B How to fly a plane
C How to play the piano
29. Which do you remember the longest: what other people say, what other people do or how other people make you feel?
30. What are the key ingredients to having a good relationship?
Honesty, intentionality, communications, sensitivity.
31. What 3 things do you want to do before you die?
A Meet a US President
B Go to all 50 of the United States – 20 to go
C Go to a World Series game or the Super Bowl
32. What three things would you want to die to avoid doing?
Causing others extreme pain – stuff like that.
33. Is there a cause you believe in more than any other cause?
34. What does each decade make you think of:
20s: Illegal booze, Teapot Dome
30s: Depression, New Deal, the rise of Hitler
40s: WWII, A-bombs, desegregation of US military
50s: Montgomery bus boycott, Korean war, Brown v. Board of Education, red scare, Sputnik
60s: Beatles, Motown, Aretha, Beach Boys, JFK & MLK & RFK assassinations, Twilight Zone, some great Supreme Court rulings such as Loving v. Virginia
70s: College, bicentennial, punk rock
80s: Hair bands, Reagan, “Born in the USA”, “Thriller”
90s: Library school, the trips to Detroit, Cleveland, DC, Barbados, JEOPARDY!
2000s: Homeownership, the daughter
2010s (so far): Blogging
35. Which decade do you feel the most special connection to and why?
The 1960s…that time period, especially 1968, really began to define me as a person.
36. What is your favorite oldie/classic rock song?
Impossible question. Pick one at random from what I recently listened to: Since You’ve Been Gone (Sweet Sweet Baby) by Aretha
37. What country do you live in and who is the leader of that country?
If you could say any sentence to the current leader of your country what would it be?
Overpromising and underdelivering is a tough strategy to accept.
38. What’s your favorite TV channel to watch in the middle of the night?
Though I’d probably just watch DVRed stuff, sometimes I wind up watching various permutations of Law & Order or ESPN Sportcenter, neither of which do I watch otherwise.
39. What Disney villain are you the most like and why?
Gaston from Beauty and the Beast. A bit of ego.
40. Have you ever been a girl scout/boy scout?
I was in Cub Scouts, but it didn’t hold my interest. And I wasn’t very good at it.
41. If you were traveling to another continent would you rather fly or take a boat?
I’d rather travel by boat, depending on available time.
42. Why is the sky blue during the day and black at night?
43. What does your name mean?
It’s a color. Oh, the OTHER name – Spear bearer.
44. Would you rather explore the deeps of the ocean or outer space?
45. Word association
What is the first word that comes to mind when you see the word:
Heart: Damn Yankees
46. If you could meet any person in the world who is dead who would you want it to be?
This week, Jackie Robinson.
47. What if you could meet anyone who is alive?
US Senator Bernie Sanders of Vermont.
48. Is there a movie that you love so much you could watch it every day?
I doubt there is such a movie.
49. You are going to be stuck alone in an elevator for a week. What do you bring to do?
World Almanac. And a porta-potty.
50. Have you ever saved someone’s life or had your life saved?
Yes, and possibly.