The Sunday Stealing post this week is the 7 Layer Meme. I misread it as 7 Lager Meme because of the font.Except for the fact that I don’t drink beer, that could have been interesting.
LAYER 1: Tell us your…
* Eye color: Brown
* Hair color: What hair? Mostly gray.
* Height: 5’11 5/8″
* Righty or lefty: Righty
LAYER 2: What’s…
* Your heritage: I wrote about this last year here.
* The shoes you wore today: Brown
* Your weakness: Left knee from torn meniscus in 1994
* Your fears: Being late
* And your perfect pizza: Sausage and mushroom
* Goals you’d like to achieve: Writing this blog post
* Your first waking thoughts: What time is it?
* Your best physical feature: My eyes.
* And your most missed memory: Presently, my high school yearbook. It may turn up.
LAYER 3: Do you…
* Smoke: No.
* Cuss: Increasingly since 2015.
* Sing: Often.
* Do you think you’ve been in love: Sure.
* Did you go to college: Yes. Then to grad school, twice, one time to completition.
* Liked high school: Mostly.
* Believe in yourself: Occasionally.
* Think you’re attractive: Not for me to say.
* Think you’re a health freak: No.
* Like thunderstorms: If I’m home.
* Play an instrument: Not really.
LAYER 4: In the past month have you…
* Drunk alcohol/Smoked: No (X2)
* Done a drug: Tylenol
* Made out: no
* Gone on a date: Yes, to dinner.
* Gone to the mall: No. I hate malls. Unless you count strip malls.
* Eaten an entire box of Oreos/Eaten sushi: No (X2)
* Been on stage: Define “stage” – I’ve been at a church lectern
* Been dumped/Gone skating/Gone skinny dipping: No (X3)
Fortunately, the conditional “in the last month” is there, or there would be a whole lot more to write here.
LAYER 5: Have you ever…
* Played a game that required removal of clothing: No.
* Been trashed or extremely intoxicated: Yes. The last time was almost 31 years ago when I was a pallnbearer for a dear friend and on my birthday.
* Been caught “doing something”: Probably. Likely more than once.
* And been called a tease: Possibly
* Gotten beaten up: I wouldn’t say “beaten up”, but punched, yes, I wrote about this here.
* Age you did get/hope to be married: 19
* How do you want to die: Saving someone or in my sleep
* What did you want to be when you grew up: Minister or lawyer
* What country would you most like to visit: France
Seven and Seven Is – Love
LAYER 7: Now tell…
* Name a person you could trust with your life: Uthaclena
* The name of a favorite CD that you own: Peter Gabriel’s third album, sometimes called Melt. I have it in German on LP and English. Gabriel’s birthday is this week!
* Number of piercings/Number of tattoos: zero (X2)
* Number of times my name has appeared in the newspaper: dozens. In Binghamton relating to community events. My picture was in the paper singing “O Come All Ye Faithful” when I was six, according to the caption. There was the story about the Green Family Singers and at least one tied to my 1972 car accident.
In Albany, NY when I worked for FantaCo, the comic book store (1980-1988), there were a handful of stories, plus one UPI piece that got picked up by papers in CA, IL, ME, OK, PA, UT and WA in April-June, 1982.
There was a story about me and the 1990 Census in the Schenectady Gazette.
After I was on JEOPARDY in 1998, I got a few mentions, once in the Boston Globe and several times in the Albany Times Union. I was a blogger for the TU’s community blog (2008-2021), and occasionally an excerpt would show up in the print newspaper. There is a picture of me singing at my present church at some point in the 2010s.
* Name a past experience that you regret: “Regrets, I’ve a few, But again, too few to mention.” It’s not that I don’t have things I wish I had done differently. It’s that there were things learned from the experiences.
Seven Nation Army-White Stripes
5 thoughts on “Sunday Stealing: 7 Layer Meme”
It sounds like we are exactly the same height.
I was in the newspaper for singing also. It was for making honor choirs and such as a kid. Loved your answers. Happy Valentine’s Day and have a nice weekend. ♥
That was interesting reading. Cute photo too!
I’m sorry you and your family had to go through racism. It maes me sick that people judge others just on the basis of a pigment…
I hope you’re having a good sunday!
I would love to be on Jeopardy! but it would also terrify me. I think that very brave, to be on that show.
I love Jeopardy, but am too old to be on it. Even if I knew t he answers (which I often don’t) my physical reactions are too slow to be able to click in to answer a question. I think the oldest person I’ve seen on the show was the age of my kids.