For the reasons discussed below, I’m taking some questions from Sunday Stealing for March 2020. But only the ones I feel like answering. The first group’s from March 28.
1. If there’s a personal god, what quality would you most like that person to have (and why)?
I suppose I could do worse than the attributes noted in the song Personal Jesus by Depeche Mode: “Someone to hear your prayers. Someone who cares. Someone who’s there.” Why? Because to quote the Rolling Stones, in another context: “Well, we all need someone we can lean on.”
2. What’s your death-row meal?
Steak. Bacon. Banana split.
4. Whom do you find yourself missing more than you would’ve predicted?
5. What brings you the most joy? Not happiness, not contentment — JOY.
Music. Always music.
6. Do you find yourself regretting anything you’ve said or done on social media?
Surprisingly infrequently. It’s because I write a blog and then post that. So I’ve thought about it BEFORE I post it. I highly recommend that strategy. Except for news stories, I don’t post anything else.
7. What are your favorite and least favorite things about your body and face?
Least favorite (body): my feet, subject to arthritis, among other ailments, going back to getting frostbite when I was 16
Least favorite (face): the vitiligo, because I don’t want to burn
Favorite (body)): my ears
Favorite (face): my eyes, I suppose
10. Which three places in the physical universe would you most like to visit?
Paris, Tahiti, County Cork in Ireland.
12. How have your religious views changed since you were in high school?
I was pretty rigid then.
3.Is there a carpet or hardwood floor in your bedroom?
Carpeting, which my wife hates.
10. Have you ever found yourself talking to an inanimate object?
Of course. I mean, is that a BAD thing?
18. Have you ever thrown a surprise party for someone? Who for?
I used to be involved with several surprise parties. Haven’t done one this century, I don’t think.
21. Do you know how to play pool? Are you any good at it?
Yes. No, I’m quite terrible.
22. The most painful medical procedure you’ve ever had?
First root canal.
23. Are you someone who tends to take a whole lot of naps?
06 What is your least favorite color?
I don’t think I have one. But I do hate poor contrast on signs. So yellow on white is virtually unreadable for me.
08 What is/was your grandfathers’ names?
Maternal grandfather was Clarence Williams. I didn’t know him. He died when I was five, and I THINK I went to his funeral. When went to my maternal grandmother’s funeral in 1982, some folks in the Williams clan came up to me and said, “I bet you don’t remember me.” They were correct.
Paternal grandfather (functional): McKinley Green.
Paternal grandfather (biological): Rev. Raymond Cone.
13 What position do you sleep in at night?
15 Who is your favorite fictional character?
16 What food do you hate most in the world?
17 When was the last time you were ill?
Right now, actually, which is why I’m doing this meme. I feel like crap, to use a term my wife hates. I can’t focus on much of anything. More on this later this week.
18 If you were transformed into a wild creature, what would it be?
That presupposes I’m not already one.
19 What was your favorite toy as a child, and whatever happened to it?
Teddy bear, left at my grandmother’s house. A neighbor took possession of stuff from the home temporarily for a time. Then the stuff disappeared.
One thought on “Sunday Stealing, March 2020”
Sorry about your teddy bear. I had a polar bear named Sleepy. When I turned 12, my mom said I had to grow up and made me throw Sleepy in the actual trash can. I still cannot believe how blindly I took her orders.
Canned beets? YES. Also canned peas, for me. When I prepare pickled beets in the summer, the kitchen counter looks like a butcher shop.
Finally, horizontal? Of course. Because you are Roger Green. Brilliant post!